So, I wrote a post a while back about the different ways to repurpose your blog content so you can make the most of it. If you didn’t catch it, I talked about the ability to offer your blog posts in a variety of formats so you can offer your readers a way to consume your message the way THEY want to. You have video, audio, standard blog posts and this article’s topic, ebooks. An eBook can easily be downloaded and read at any time, and it makes it one of the best ways to share your blog.
Creating Your eBook from Blog Content
- Choose the Theme: Your eBook can be a collaboration of posts about kitchen remodeling, bathroom remodeling, or whatever other service line you would like to focus on. This is why, as a construction marketing consultant, I ask my clients what their favorite service is. Their answer gives me a good idea of how their website content and blog should read. So the first step to creating your eBook from blog content is to choose a theme.
- Choose a Program: You may need to download a program that is specifically designed to help create eBooks. You can always use Word and save it to a .docx or convert it to a PDF so people can read it with a regular PDF reader. An eBook program will be helpful if you would like to include a cover image or other images throughout the book. Do a search online for eBook creators, there are plenty available.
- Choose a Template: No matter what program you choose, you want your eBook to be visually appealing. Choose a template that creates the overall appearance you want to display.
- Create Chapters with Links: Make your eBook easy to read and easy to navigate. Provide links to different areas of the eBook and pages on your website so people can flip back and forth with ease.
- Proofread and Edit: Read your eBook more than a few times to make sure there are no mistakes and that the formatting flows well. Make edits as needed, and as you see them.
- Save the eBook: Save the eBook somewhere on your computer where you will be able to find it easily. You need to know exactly where it is so that you can upload it to your website and make it available to your readers. You also want to keep it handy so you can make changes in the future to keep your eBook current.
Now About Marketing Your eBook
I’m a construction marketing consultant and provide construction marketing services, I’m not necessarily an eBook promoter. But that doesn’t mean I can’t explain how to create an eBook using your blog content or how to showcase it to your target audience. I’ve written a number of eBooks myself and can tell you the best place to promote your eBook is on your own website. Yes, you can use Facebook and Adwords, but promoting your eBook on the very site where people have already come to read your posts is a great place to start.
Write a blog post to introduce your eBook. Share the blog post on all of your social media channels along with a link to download the eBook. Add it into the call to action on all of your blogs for a year and see how many people continue to download it. This will allow you to monitor the success of the blog-turned-eBook project so you can decide whether it was a worthwhile venture for next year.
I have written a pretty extensive post on construction marketing plans that you can use to help build out your plan for the coming year. If you want to know what construction marketing services we provide, you can check that out here. Hope this helps!